Monday, February 8, 2010

A Little Bit of Style by Zoe Demar - Twenties Twist

Yay! I took some time to blog today! I'm a HUGE fan of the 1920's era when it comes to a lot of the deco elements that stem. Recently I even had a tour of a house that is located in a nearby town that is a great collection of the Art Deco era and has been featured in many Hollywood movies.

Twenties Twist

The inspiration for the look is Donna Flora's store. I can't believe that I had never been there before! I have seen Thalia (click here to see Thalia's flickr) blog her before but the big push came from Second Style's magazine for February with James Schwarz's stunning photos (click here to check out his flickr stream). Upon going to the store I fell madly in love with the store build/setting and the use of older styles of fashion and jewelry that I am featuring here using the jacket, top, and necklace from the Jazzy Pink outfit. The necklace reminds me a lot of a pin that my grandmother had that I now own.

As usual - I couldn't just do a gown but had to mix it up! I went straight to the skirt from Nylon Outfitters' Inner Ballerina outfit. I love how soft it looks and extremely feminine. I think it will be a staple in my inventory that I'll come back to repeatedly.

Not too far from Nylon Outfitters store and the hair that I knew would be perfect, is Paper Couture. Looking at my blog they're certainly a repetitive use of my style musings. And another cardinal rule of mine is "less is more" and though the necklace came with earrings, I omitted them due to the jewels being enough with the headband from their Jeweled Headband Updo.

As far as shoes, well I couldn't pass up using Bax's Prestige boots. I was gonna try to do the new pink color update but felt it too heavy, so instead put it together with the soft off-white shade. Then used the custom color option to match the lovely pink from the jacket's bow. Really bringing a custom look to the outfit.

It's all about the eyes - least when it comes to photography and I'm really enjoying the eyes put out recently by LeLutka - I feature them here in the blue shade of Reflection Glory. And paired up with the eyelashes from The Abyss it really helps bring out natural beauty without Photoshop because they include a nice shade feature that gives realistic flare.

And last but certainly not least - I'm really excited that Tricky of Belleza keeps coming out with skins. I was on a panel previously to give feedback to his Belle line and am happy to see him continuing to strive forward with his skills to produce really high quality skin. Thus I'm happy to show off his pale shade of his newest Alyson line in make-up 14.

Check it out along with the hair in this close-up shot.

Twenties Twist Close-up

And of course - the Poses are from a new bunch by Long Awkward Pose - Model School set 1 and 2 available now. So go check them out too!

Back to work now for me but hope that you enjoy and use some of the items to create your own personal style.

Love, Zoe


No comments: