Saturday, August 15, 2009

Follow-up to Helping Hands

Back in May I asked for those that could to help out my friend, Voshie, who was going through a bit of a rough time in RL (see my previous blog post Helping Hands). It is now August and Voshie is in a much better situation. Here is a thank-you that Voshie shared today via plurk:
This note has been a long time coming and sorry that this is a 'mass' note....

I first want to say thank you from the very bottom of my heart to everyone who offered words of encouragement and support. It meant and does mean the world to me. It's funny that in a virtual world I found more caring individuals than I had around me during my time of stress. You all have touched my heart with your generous spirit, and kindness to the person behind the avi.

I wanted to get an update out there for you all so that you can hear from the horse's mouth so to speak what has happened in my life. It's hard to connect to everyone to shared similar experiences with me, encouraging me to stay strong and that this storm will pass, those who donated to the yard sale and those who gave freely. I NEVER expected the response I got from the community but am blown away, and quite honestly it makes me speechless.

A brief recap of what happened that caused me to feel like the floor fell out from under me: One day I arrived home with job applications in my hand, to my landlady/roommate standing at the door with an unhappy look. She started yelling at me that I had to pay $600 by the 1st(of june), or I would be kicked out. This was exactly 4 days before the first. Later that day she told me that she wanted me out by the 16th regardless if I had the money or not. Needless to say I was devastated.

A friend suggest putting together a yardsale to raise money to help with the move that I was obviously going to have to make. I was overwhelmed by the response I received with people giving items to me to help me raise money for my impending move. All in all, due to the generosity of people and everyone helping me stay strong, I was able to pay the landlady, and have money left over to help facilitate my move.

I am now in a different state, have found a job and place to live where I'm very happy and it was all because of you. I can't thank you enough for everything you all have done for me and I will be eternally grateful to each and every one of you.

Love, Voshie

It is nice to see how friends help out other friends in times of need. And I hope this encourages everyone to do the same for their friends. Thanks for reading and for helping when you can!

Love, Zoe

No comments: