Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A Personal Tribute to Ginny Talamasca by Zoe Demar

Of all the designers on the grid, one stood out above the rest. As I work towards my first clothing line release this fall I decided to look for inspiration from one of my favorite SL designers of all time, Ginny Talamasca. Though it is sad that she is no longer with us - we can still look back upon her high quality and creative designs.

Tonight I took time to go through my inventory and take a picture every piece of Last Call and of Dazzle brands. I compiled them into photoshop and created the following gif to share with the world of my personal collection. Not every color was photographed - some had some SL technical difficulties. As of this post I have only completed the Last Call items.

I think viewers will find that not only was Ginny extremely talented but many of the pieces that are now years old can still hold up to designs created in-world today.


Zoe's Last Call Collection
(if this image does not animate - please click through to my flickr page to view)

I hope to have my Dazzle collection to view soon so be sure to check back.

Enjoy!

Love,

Zoe

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rofl - I have most of those!

<3 Ginny and mmiss her creativeness. And god-danged value for money!

I posted a tribute to Last Call in my very first few days of posting - nothing as fab as what youve done! Great post.

Evelyn said...

I loved the Last Call store, Ginny was definately one of my favourite designers. I don't know what happened to her but I miss her clothes :(

I might even do a tribute to her too

Zoe Demar said...

@Banana - I'm sure it was from the heart which is always golden.

@Evelyn The RL person behind the avatar of Ginny passed away - it was and is still very sad.