Sunday, November 7, 2010

A Little Bit of Style by Zoe Demar - Scottish Dahlia

Blogged: Scottish Dahlia
Sometimes a new find can change everything!  That is what happened in this look that was first inspired by the hair, but then other items crept in that pulled their own tugs to the overall look.

It started with the newest release of hair by lamb called Cinnamon.  The hair is very relaxed and romantic feel to the texture and style of hair.  I really thought about doing a back shot to show off how lovely it is from the back as well as the front.  I picked up both versions, one with bangs (shown) and one with a center part.  I'm loving the newer blonde shade of honeycomb that lamb has added to the blonde pack too (shown).

Originally I was wearing a sweater by LeLutka that will just have to wait for another blog post.   The sweater which I was hunting for a skirt to fit with, turned into this lovely sculpted dress shown in Scottish Dahlia found spontaneously on the marketplace by The Secret Store.  There are 3 other texture versions available that are also stunning.  I asked for hubby's opinion on which one to buy.  Cute shop, n ot a huge selection but am definitely putting on my "must check out again" list.

From there the skin was inspired by my friend Leah plurking about it.  She was happy that it shared her name, Leah.  I'm kinda in a pale mood so decided to pick up a copy for myself.  I've owned a Lara Hurley skin before, but decided not to blog about it due to a lot of people having issues with not only finding the store but not being booted as well.  I don't know if it is still a common occurrence or not, but you've been warned!


Blogged: Scottish Dahlia


The eyes by Ibanez were mentioned in another plurk by Valena.  She was doing a bit of a new look for herself.  I'm picky about eyes but am always happy to find a new store (to me) to talk about.  There were a couple of sets that intrigued me.  This Limited Edition Naturals set sold me the most.  I wasn't digging the size of the iris itself when wearing the eye texture.  So was almost thrown out (btw I think size options for eyes is a good idea).  Then I tried on the prim and found it not as large.  Also something I hadn't really thought about is the texture on prim better than what you can get with typically worn SL textures.  If you check out your clothes if it has both prim and texture parts, the prim textures are much more sharp than what you see on the SL mesh.  This is something that frustrated me with my own SL clothes making in the past.  In photoshop, I could see much more detail.  SL resolution of the mesh dumbed it down a bit.  So having prim eyes would be more detailed.  Something to remember when shopping for eyes!

As for the rest of the look, I wasn't sure what I wanted to do for shoes, but didn't want anything to overpower the dress.  I traveled to Maitreya to see if there was anything that I didn't already have sparked my interest.  At first I considered one that I don't currently own, but decided to go with a neutral of IXkin in Champagne.

For accessories, I did think about sunglasses that would be similar to what lamb had used in the ad for the hair, but decided to nix that when I found the dress.  Instead I wanted some sort of organic long necklace.  I went through my inventory finding a couple pieces that would do here and there, but felt like venturing out for options.  I thought of two places, Sigma being one of them.  I had avoided the store, not because I didn't like it, but knew that my pockets would most likely be empty if I went.  I'm happy I did, the sim itself is worth the trip (other than the annoying water fountain sounds).  And there it was, the perfect piece.  Sigma's Deco chain necklace.  I was really intrigued that even though a single change drapes down the front, the fact that it wasn't perfectly centered allowed more for an organic flow.  It is nice to see curves and asymmetric pieces in jewelry.  And that was it, I considered bangles, but went for simplicity and not a lot of bulk.  I really dislike seeing jewelry worn so heavily.

The look being hugely changed based on finding the dress, I decided to name this post after it!
Happy Shopping!

Love, Zoe

Quick Credits

Dress: The Secret Store - Scottish Dahlia
Necklace: Sigma Jewels - Deco Chain in Earth
Heels: Maitreya Gold - IXkin in Champagne-Duo
Hair: lamb - Cinnamon in Honeycomb
Skin: Lara Hurley - Leah in Milky / Smokey1 nude lips gloss + Light eyebrows
Eyes: Ibanez - Ltd Edition Natural in Grey
Pose: On The Cover (no longer available)

No comments: