Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A Little Bit of Style by Zoe Demar - Pretty in Plaid

10-20-10-ZoePrettyInPlaidC
Considering that I wanted to post this last night and haven't gotten around to it until now due to a lovely headache...I really love the simplicity of this look and how easy it was to pull together.

The inspiration flows in with the newest release by Artilleri.  And yes, I realize this first image does nothing to show it off, so if you're reading this on the feed I highly recommend you click through to see my other image.  If you're a reader - you're in luck because I've rambled on more than usual too!

I absolutely adore the Zara skirt by Artilleri - so much so, I picked up the fatpack.  It comes in 4 shades - blues, brown/blue, greens, and plum.  I went with this brown/blue shade mix, because first I love the two colors together. Secondly, the perfect blue shade pops out of the texture.

What I also loved is that it matched so well with the Myrina jewelry I recently picked up from Sigma at the, recently concluded, jewelry fair.  When it comes to jewelry pieces in general I appreciate creators that tend to go for things asides from gems and metals like this set does with the use of beads.  One of my favorite RL jewelry pieces that I own is wooden beads that is from the 70s.  Time to see more jewelry makers think out of the box a bit when it comes to inspirational materials.  Sigma is one jewelry creator that has done so.  

Whippet and Buck aka W&B has been releasing a lot of goodies which I have been eager to blog.  I jumped at the opportunity and was very happy they had this Boatneck top in a perfect shade of cream to fit with the look.  It was nice to have such a selection of colors to choose from to find the right match - not always an easy task when it comes to mixing looks!  I hope to blog more W&B soon!

10-20-10-ZoePrettyInPlaid

When it comes to shoes, I'm pretty picky about shoe designs as honestly - I'm barefoot a lot in RL and in SL.  But when it comes to styling a look, I always try not to reuse anything I've worn in a blog before.  Luckily for me, Kalinis had some new heels out called Flirt - and yay for scripted color options!  I turned these shoes brown.  I would like to see a few more nail shades but you can't beat having 1 pair of shoes that allows for color change without having to pay a lot of linden to do so.

As far as hair was concerned, like many I had to opt for the new release by 69.  Many are most likely going to blog about Jessica 02 rather than 01.  I'm typically one for bangs but really liked how the hair was bobby pinned back to really show off the face.  I also felt this style suited the look I wanted to pull off.  I saw recently a plurk that wasn't happy about the blonde texture that 69 offers, but I remember the first textures 69 had and they're much improved compared to how all the textures were.  I could only buy the hair in a dark brown originally - so I'm really not complaining with what is offered today.  There is always room for improvement, but I personally don't have a major issue with the blonde texture - esp when you consider my other recent post, "from russia with love."

When it came to the skin - I could have gone with a lot of choices as I tend to be much more of a skin buyer than I used to be...so it says a lot when I repeat the use of a skin maker.  Pink Fuel is one of the skins that I am probably the most in love with lately - I'm not sure if it is because the skin fits so well on my standard Zoe shape, or if it is the quality of the skin overall that brings me back to it, or the make-up choices offered - but I truly adore Pink Fuel.  I'm very anxious to see the newest skin release but I'm not one to knock on a designer's door and say - ENOUGH I CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGER - because the best takes time.  Mochi Milena has a ton of talent with Photoshop and be sure as soon as I see any word about release, I'll be all over it!

Eyes - I went with some from The Abyss - because it was also what I used when I created the pictures for Belleza's newest male skins.  Apparently people have been asking - so this is kinda my way to put that out there (if you're still reading this that is) while showing off another set called Jewels from one of their female skins (sold separately).  I can't stress how important it is to have quality eyes in Second Life.  I will not blog eyes that don't meet my personal approval.  I do try to keep my eyes open for eye makers - so if you're an eye creator and want my honest opinion, feel free to send some my way.  Be ready for constructive criticism!

So that's my style ramble for the night - happy to be headache free even if it is extremely past my bedtime by this point!

Enjoy!

Love, Zoe 

Credits:

Top: Whippet & Buck - Cole Boatneck in Fallow
Skirt: Artilleri - Zara in Brown/Blue
Heels: Kalnins Footwear - FlirtBlue
Earrings & Necklace: Sigma Jewels - Myrina in Brown/Gold
Hair: [ 69 ] - Jessica 01 in Dark Mauve
Skin: Pink Fuel - Ember in Maple/Gossip
Eyes: The Abyss - Jewels in Sapphire


Pose by On The Cover (not available)
  


No comments: